Family of Three

Family of Three

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Christmas in February?!?!?!

I know for many it's hard to believe, but for my family it's pretty typical.  The holidays are a busy time of year and this year was NO exception!  With my sister performing in the Radio City Rockette's Christmas show in Boston, Luke traveling/touring with Chapter 6, and Mike and I awaiting the arrival of Eliza, this holiday season was busier than years past.  We usually celebrate Christmas in D-town around the first part of January, but since our due date was around that time there was no traveling for me!  So it got pushed back  a little bit...okay a lotta bit! but who doesn't enjoy getting a few gifties in February!?!?!

Mike and I drove down Thursday night (our first road trip with Eliza).  I'd be lying if I said we weren't nervous about this adventure with a newborn!  Surprisingly enough--she did GREAT!  She fussed a bit once we got to Bloomington, but fell right back to sleep.  By the time we arrived at the Moffett household she was ready to eat!  It was definitely a packed car with all of our stuff, Eliza's stuff, and Chief's stuff!  YIKES!

On Friday, my mom, sister, and I went to Spa Villa in Decatur for some pedicures.  Super nice and we will definitely go back again for some much needed pampering and girl time!  Then Friday evening, we celebrated Christmas.  Unfortunately, Lukeage was judging a competition and was unable to make it that evening- we sure missed him!  I think Eliza and Chief made out the best in the gift department (and Eliza slept through the whole thing)!

Uncle T and Eliza

Aunt Lala and Liza bug

Mike's new gym bag, workout pants, and deodorant-ha!

Chief with his new rope (and treats in the box)

Uncle Lukeage got Liza this rockin' outfit :)

Nonni and her new devotional book

Saturday morning we headed to Downtown Cafe for breakfast with all my parents friends so they could meet Eliza.  I don't think that place has had such a large party to eat breakfast together, but it was nice seeing everyone and catching up.  Of course after eating there we were so close to some shops that we had to make a little detour to a store called "It's a Girl Thing."  Mike was THRILLED (insert sarcasm)!  That afternoon we headed to Great Grandma Jewell's house so Eliza and her could meet!  It was priceless.  GG Jewell fell in love with her and of course gave her some "tips" on how to get money from Daddy and Mommy without either of them knowing!  Oh boy!  We were able to take a four generation picture together as well, which I'm blessed to have done with both sides now, and finish the recording for Eliza's book that both Great Grandma's were able to read.  A keepsake that is so very dear to my heart!

Great Grandma Jewell and Liza meeting for the first time

Four generations on the Moffett side!


Saturday evening we FINALLY got to meet Landon Richardson!  My best friend Ang and I hadn't seen each other or our newest additions in months (which was driving me crazy!).  It was so nice to meet (and shower with kisses) Landon and of course introduce the cute couple!  I mean how precious does Landon and Liza sound?!?!?!  It's the next/newest Luke and Laura :)  It was so great going through the pregnancy process with Ang and what's even more unique is the fact that we gave birth exactly one month apart (both on the 13th!).  Weird, but very cool!

 Landon and Liza meeting for the first time!

 The cute couple :)  
Landon got dressed up to meet Liza!

On Sunday morning, we were especially excited to see Luke as he stopped by on his way back to Indianapolis to fly to LA.  Luke got to meet his newest (and only) niece too!  It is always nice having the whole family back together again-which is far and few between, but we make the most of it when it does happen!


Uncle Lukeage and Liza napping

And I had to put this picture on here as well.  My dad RARELY goes shopping, but he did purchase this green John Deere shirt and cute bib overalls for his baby girl!  I mean its not like he's trying to make a country girl out of his little granddaughter already, right? ;)






1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, Lindsay! ADORABLE! What a fun road trip. Liza is will make a gorgeous little John Deere girl!

    ReplyDelete