Family of Three

Family of Three

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nonni's visit...and then just me, Eliza, and Chief!

The first week we were home from the hospital Mike was able to get a week of paternity leave.  It was great having him there as we all adjusted to life at home with Eliza.  The days that week weren't packed with many activities (laundry, feeding, watching some TV, more feeding), but the week flew by.  I was very sad when Sunday rolled around knowing that Mike was going back to work on Monday, BUT luckily my mom came up the second week we were home to help out.  What a blessing!  We don't have a ton of space in our townhouse, but we manage to make things work when we have visitors.  It was such a blessing to have my mom up to help with laundry, cleaning, making dinner, and of course getting some Eliza time in :)  It was definitely not a vacation for Nonni as she was exhausted many a nights, but we loved every minute of her being here and spending time together.  I was even able to go to Target TWICE that week!  We of course were sad to see Nonni leave, but are looking forward to her next visit up REAL SOON!


So this week was the first week of me, myself, and I being home with baby girl and Chief.  Needless to say, I was very nervous!  I can handle Eliza, but Chief can get ornery and drive this girl CRAZY!  So far the week has gone pretty well (it helped that Mike had a snow day on Wednesday to break up the week!).  It's nice to get some time during the day to bake, do laundry, look around on the internet, etc. while Eliza sleeps.  I haven't gotten out of the house for awhile-besides taking Chief out to go to the bathroom-but I'm looking forward to getting my hair done on Saturday!  Daddy will have the whole morning to hang out with Eliza while Mommy tries to look decent one day out of the week :)!  I live in sweat pants these days...so hopefully with each week, getting things done around the house will get easier.  I find it very hard to believe that today my little girl is 3 weeks old!  I don't think a day goes by where I don't shower her with a bazillion kisses and just stare at her sweet face while she sleeps.  I'm still amazed and feel so blessed to have her in our lives.  I love her so! 

Here's a picture I had to post as my friend Kate (who was also in my sorority at EIU) made Eliza this precious onesie that says Future Alpha Gam!  Love it!

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment