Family of Three

Family of Three

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

5 months...

Oh my baby is growing up way too fast!  I think I say that with each month that passes.  But honestly, how is she already 5 months old?!?!?!  If I could freeze time I would do it now (although most mom's say that you'll say that each month when they do something new).  Eliza is just the light of our lives!  She brings so much joy to our family.  It is truly amazing and a blessing that God created her just for our family.  Thank you dear Lord!  So here is what our Liza bug is up to these days...

Sleeping:  We have had a rough month in terms of sleeping.  Since starting solids, Liza has had some bowel issues which have woken her up a couple times throughout the night.  Literally, her bowel movement wakes her up and she is very unhappy, especially when she is put on the changing table right away :(  She is usually consoled easily once she's nursed and does go back to sleep right away.


Eating habits: Eliza continues to nurse daily; however we introduced cereals starting at 5 months.  We started with rice cereal for about a week and have rotated through oatmeal and multigrain with each week after.  She LOVES oatmeal!  Multigrain was going well until it started binding her a bit so we switched back to rice and oatmeal.  After cycling through the grains, we then introduced vegetables.  We tried green beans first, which Liza did not like.  She shivered when they were put in her mouth and her face was just one of disgust.  We then moved on to sweet potatoes, which were a hit, and are now working on peas.  (Sidenote: I LOVE peas...no seriously.  I could and have eaten cold peas out of a can before--that's how much I love them!).  So needless to say, Liza is definitely my child as she LOVES them too!  She opens her mouth and is ready for the next bite of them instantly.  I'm such a proud mama! HA!  We'll be moving onto carrots shortly after peas and continue to cycle through green, orange/yellow veggies before moving to fruits.  I'm actually making her baby food too.  I didn't do the green beans or peas as I think that would have taken me FOR.EVER!  But everything else I plan on doing.  I also try everything I give her, which is good (and bad if you ever tried baby green beans-blah!).  So far its going well.

 Yummy cereal!

I'm enjoying these sweet potatoes, Mommy!

Discoveries/Accomplishments:  Eliza continues to do new things it seems daily!  She is now able to sit up without support (although she still has her moments of falling over when she tries to watch Chief move around the room quickly).  When being changed, she always tries getting her toes up to her mouth and can do it effortlessly at times.  She will even bend all the way over to her toes when sitting up to put them in her mouth.  Oh my!  She loves, loves, loves to observe EVERYTHING that is going on around her.  She wants to face outward to see all the activity going on and not miss a beat!  She will let you know if she is unhappy by grunting.  Yes, I said grunting!  Too funny!  Liza loves jumping too.  Her little leggies will jump whenever you hold her up.  She absolutely loves her jumperoo and will jump constantly in it and stop to laugh along the way.  Maybe she's going to be a basketball star and have an awesome vertical...who knows!  She is also making consonant sounds and CV's (consonant/vowels) throughout the day.  So far she has used the /b/, /m/, /g/, and /d/.  Yes, I have heard /mama/ a few times, but its not intentional yet; although I love hearing her put those sounds together ;)  Liza has found her tongue.  She is trying to blow air out and make some raspberries with her tongue, which just ends up in a lot of drool all over her, me, or Daddy.  She thinks its hysterical if you try and imitate what she's doing as well.  




Memories Made:  It's been a busy month for Eliza!  Mommy and Daddy were away on a short (5 days) vacation so Nonni and Grandma Judy watched her.  Talk about hard on Mommy (and I'm sure Daddy), but I cried before leaving, the morning we left, and on the way to the airport.  It was nice getting away to have some alone time, but we were both anxious to get back to our little bug.  Liza went to her first wedding ceremony/reception as well.  She was very excited for Rachel and John!  She also went swimming for the first time and LOVED it!  We put her in a float and she was like a little fish kicking her legs!  It was priceless.  She took her first tractor ride with Mommy and Papa Moo in Dtown.  Papa Moo is hoping to make a farm girl out of Liza just like her Mommy :)  She watched fireworks in the car with Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Lala, and Uncle Luke and helped Mommy and Daddy celebrate their 2nd anniversary with family and friends.  She also helped us celebrate Great Grandma Jewell's 92 years here with us as she passed on June 30th.  We are so blessed that GG Jewell was able to meet, hold, love on, and give Liza lots of tips before she went to heaven to be with Grandpa Lefty.  She was an amazing woman that will be missed greatly.

A great anniversary (and sunset) with our baby girl

Look at me!

Tractor ride with Papa Moo and Mommy

Odds and Ends:  Liza continues to suck her thumb to soothe herself.  She likes to be swaddled (arms out) when going to sleep at night.  No teeth yet, but she is CONSTANTLY drooling everywhere!  Everything she picks up goes right into her mouth too.  She is wearing 6 month clothing; however we are putting her in 9 month clothes too and she actually fits into them pretty well.  She's got the chunkiest little hamhocks, which we just love to eat up!  We go to Mom's group every Tuesday and she's made friends with Matthew, who is just a few days older than her, and Reese, who is a month younger than her.  We even get together to go to the park and walk around at times.  We also walk Chief daily, which she enjoys watching him and all the other sights and sounds around her.  Sometimes she even takes a little snooze on our walks.  

Liza is just the most precious gift God has given us and we feel truly blessed to have her in our lives.  We love you baby girl!  

Our happy girl


 Wanting to pet Chief so badly!

You are my brown-eyed girl!

Look at those hamhocks! Love 'em!

 Bath time...

Our little Beethoven :)

Our five month old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment