The day we got out of school Mike and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert for his 30th birthday with friends. It was a great time and we sure celebrated in style...limo ride, singing our favorite songs with Kenny, and spending time with our friends. We stayed in the city overnight as Grandma Judy watched Liza bug and everyone did well (it was a good trial for our upcoming trip to Mexico).
Me with the birthday boy :)
The guys
Kenny
(not the greatest picture-taken on my Iphone)
Matt, Kim, Mike and I
That same weekend we also had my best friend Rachel's bachelorette party. We had lots of fun catching up and then heading to the city to Joe's Bar on Weed Street to listen to an 80's cover band. Good times had by all. The next day (Sunday) we went over to Mike's parents house to spend some time with his extended family. All the first cousins were there with lots of new additions! We now have three new girls added to the mix of grandchildren: Eliza-5 months, Brooklyn-2 months, and Avery-2 weeks. How your family can grow so quickly! It was an awesome day and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone and of course meeting our new cousins!
Angie, Rachel, and I
All the extended "little" cousins
The birthday boys looking thrilled ;)
Aunt Jackie with Brooklyn, Grandma Judy with Eliza,
and Aunt Nancy with Avery
That next week was all about getting ready for our trip to Mexico. I was a ball of emotions. Excited to get away with Mike and have some time together, but sad and scared to leave my baby girl behind (even though I knew she was in great hands with my mom-Nonni and Grandma Judy). We left for Mexico Saturday morning and returned the following Wednesday afternoon. Yes, I cried the night before, the morning of, and on the way to the airport. I could have lost it a few more times, but made myself hold it together. I thought about Liza everyday and wondered what she was doing at different times. We were able to check in with my mom daily to make sure things were going well, which they went great! Both my mom and my MIL Judy loved soaking up time with their little granddaughter (she wasn't spoiled AT.ALL-ha!). We were so anxious to get home to see her and of course Mike and I both felt like she had grown and started a few new things while we were gone. I know many out there probably cannot believe we would leave our baby girl at only 5 months old, but Mike and I both felt like this was the best time to take a trip for US and it not impact her as much as it would down the road. We had a great time together and were able to relax, talk, and just get back to the strong foundation that started our relationship/marriage. It was perfect! We both know that from this point on (for the next however many years) we will be taking family trips and we are looking forward to that!
Once we got back on Wednesday we had to turn around Thursday morning and head down to Decatur to get ready for all the wedding festivities for my best friend Rachel. NO DOWN TIME! :) We went to a cookout Thursday night with family and close friends, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner Friday night, and then the BIG day Saturday. Rachel looked absolutely beautiful and we all enjoyed celebrating the newly married Mr. and Mrs. Allen! So happy I could be apart of their special day. Not only did Rachel get married on the 25th, BUT my other best friend Jordan had her precious baby girl, Gia Marie, at 3 pm that very same day! What blessings both of them were able to experience and of course forever remember that day!
each other while we were home:)
Mr. and Mrs. Allen!!!
Ang, Rache, and I






No comments:
Post a Comment