Family of Three

Family of Three

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eliza's FIRST Birthday!

I can hardly believe I now say I have a "ONE YEAR OLD!"  This past year has gone way too fast!  I had to pinch myself when I started planning for her first birthday party at the end of November.  I wanted to get as much planned as I could before Christmas came as I didn't want to feel rushed after the holidays were over to get things together.  Everything came together so well.  I couldn't have been happier with her first birthday party.  We decided to do a "Lady bug" theme since we call Eliza our little "Liza bug" :)  It worked out perfectly since she was a Lady bug for Halloween so we were able to use a picture (my awesome SIL took) for the invitation.  

We started Eliza's real birthday (Friday, January 13th) by taking off work.  Best. decision. EVER!  We had so much fun celebrating Eliza's birthday and reminiscing of all that took place the year before as we anxiously awaited her arrival!  We fixed Eliza some blueberry pancakes (her and Mommy's favorite!).  Then we decided to head to the Dupage Children's Museum in Naperville.  We weren't really sure what to expect, but it turned out to be so much fun!  Eliza loved walking around and checking out all the museum had to offer.  (On a sidenote: Mike and I had as much fun if not more than Eliza!)  After the museum, we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for a little family lunch before heading home to get Eliza down for her nap.  After her nap and before dinner, we sang "Happy Birthday" at 6:06 pm to commemorate the hands-down most memorable moment of our lives!  

Mommy and Daddy made me a blueberry heart pancake!


The BIRTHDAY girl

Mommy and Liza surrounded by mirrors at the museum

Daddy and his baby girl

Playing with blocks and watching these crazy lights change!

Playing with bubbles!

Playing with the large light board (Mommy put my name on it!)

Saturday was spent doing last minute odds-and-ends to prepare for her big party on Sunday.  We had about 50 people come to help us celebrate Eliza turning ONE!  Every time the door opened, I kept thinking "More people are coming?!?!?!"  HA!  It was great having so many of our close friends and family there to show all their LOVE for Eliza Marie.  Needless to say, Eliza was a little overwhelmed with all the people there so she wouldn't leave Mommy or Daddy's side much at all.  The food was delicious (Doggie Diner-YUM!), seeing everyone and watching all of our kids play was awesome, and of course singing to Eliza and watching her not want anything to do with her cake were all memories I will remember the rest of my life!  I couldn't believe MY CHILD did not want any cake or icing!  Every time I put a little icing on her lip and she licked it, her face said "YUCK!"  So we didn't push it (we did try it again at our friend's little girl's birthday party and Eliza liked the cake part, but still isn't a fan of the icing).  She was blessed with so many wonderful gifts.  She received so many new books that she L-O-V-E-S reading!  She will sit in her little corner and just go through book after book looking at the pages and "reading" them.  

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...thank you to everyone who has given so much love and support to our Eliza Marie the past year.  As much of a celebration it is to see Eliza turn ONE, it's also a celebration for Mike and I-we made it through our first year as parents!  We can't wait to continue to watch her grow and to change and grow as parents!


Eliza's cupcake cake



Liza's smash cake

Happy 1st Birthday Eliza Marie (banner)-sorry it's kind of hard to see

Month-to-month banner of pictures above the buffet line


Eliza from 1 month to 11 months!


Gigi and the birthday girl

Love her!

Nonni and Liza

Mike, Eliza, Ryan, Kendyl, Meghan, Sarah, and Ryan

Kate (very preggers) and I

Our little family of 3--getting ready for the smash cake

She has no idea what's coming!

Probably should have turned the candle around...oops!

What is this?!?!?

I'm going to look happy even though I'm not a fan!

This says it all!

We love our Liza bug!

Grandma, Liza, and Nonni

Aunt Jackie with Brooklyn, Aunt Nancy with Avery, and Judy with Eliza
So many girls added to the family!

The happy parents!

Spoiled with so many gifts!


Liza and Kendyl

The shirt says it all :)

Meghan, Sarah, and I

Gigi and Mike

Nonni, Geri, and Papa Moo

Unca T, Mommy, and Liza bug

Love these ladies (and Easton!)

Mike, Liza, and Uncle Matt

Aunt Kim, Liza, and I

The birthday girl was EXHAUSTED from such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment