Family of Three

Family of Three

Monday, March 21, 2011

My baby is two months!

It's hard to believe that Eliza is two months old!  In some respect I feel like time has flown by, but at the same time I know we have soaked up every second with her and love her more and more each day!  We had Eliza's two month check up.  She currently weighs 12 lbs. 7 oz. (92%) and is 23 inches long (82%).  At this doctor's visit, Eliza had two vaccines given.  She took the rotavirus, which is an oral vaccine and did great with it! Then it was time for her first shot :(  I hate shots to begin with and to see my baby girl get one was not easy.  I had tears in my eyes the entire time.  Eliza's reaction was somewhat amusing (Mike thought her reaction was pretty funny).  The shot went in there was a one second delay and then all heck broke loose!  She screamed bloody murder!  It makes me wonder what she was thinking and what she felt to make her get so upset.  She finally calmed down after nursing and was pretty lethargic that evening and the next day.  She wanted to be held a lot, which I can't complain about as I love holding and cuddling my precious little girl!

At two months, Eliza is starting to come into her own personality.  She is laughing and smiling so much more.  She makes great eye contact and will follow/track Mommy across the room-she can't let her food source get too far away from her :)  She enjoys being on her activity mat and looking at all the farm animals hanging above her and of course seeing her face in the mirror.

Eliza still eats about every 2-3 hours during the day and at night we will put her down around 10:30 and she will sleep anywhere from 6-7 hours (we are blessed!).  We have started putting her in her crib for an afternoon nap too.  Some days she loves it and will pass out quickly and other days she wants nothing to do with it (i.e. today!).

We are getting out with Eliza more as well.  Every day it gets a little easier getting her ready to go and packing up the car to run errands.  We experience new things on a daily basis!  I'm getting a little anxious to go back to work and figure out how the mornings are going to go with getting myself and her ready and out the door on time.  I go back in two weeks and each day I get a little more bummed that I will be away from my baby throughout the day.  Fortunately, my childcare is right behind my school so I can walk there on my lunch breaks and spend time with my bugaboo.  I just have to get through 47 days (but who's counting) and then summer break will be here to spend each and everyday with her again!

Here are some pictures of our little Eliza bug at two months old.

I love to smile! 

 Chillaxin' in Daddy's arms

 Mommy and Liza bug

 Daddy and his "boo"



I'm two months old! 

Liza's two month birthday cake-carrot cake...yum! 

Checking out all the animals

We love you so very much Eliza Marie!  Thank you for the best two months of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment